Hi there. I was born in Seymour, Indiana, known as the “crossroads of Southern Indiana“. I was fortunate to grow up in Houston, Indiana, a tiny town in the northwest Jackson County of southern Indiana. This area offers a wealth of beautiful scenery, surrounded by the Hoosier National Forest. My love of nature was formed in my youth in this amazing part of the midwest.
Highlights of growing up around the place known as Salt Creek Township included:
- Swimming in Salt Creek and Crider’s Lake (now known as Berry Branch Cottages)
- Searching for arrow heads and collecting interesting rocks from streams and fields
- Spending lazy summer days picking blackberries and raspberries for pies & jellies
- Gathering persimmons in early autumn for cookies & puddings
- Walking or riding bikes around country roads with picturesque scenery
I left my small town in Indiana at 22 to pursue a career in the computer industry in Raleigh, North Carolina. I have enjoyed work in the IT field, with experience in EDI (Electronic Data Interchange), Web Design/Programming, and Web Content Management.
My recent educational plan has been geared toward knowledge surrounding website promotion. I love learning all things Web and Internet related. Completion of a Masters in Marketing at SNHU ( December 2018) included focus on the following:
- Web SEO/SEM (Search Engine Optimization/Search Engine Marketing)
- Online Marketing Channels
- Social Media Marketing
- Strategic Internet Marketing
- Non-Profit Marketing
I do enjoy living in North Carolina, but the roots of Southern Indiana are very strongly planted. I am especially proud of the creation of a Website and Facebook page for a non-profit effort in my hometown to preserve a historic schoolhouse. I implemented and manage all aspects of this online presence that represents part of my heart & soul.